SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 is a third-person shooter for the Playstation Portable and sequel to SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALS Fireteam Bravo 2. Players take on the role of Wraith and lead Fireteam Bravo on a mission through post-Soviet states.
The player takes on the role of Commander Calvin "WRAITH" Hopper and must lead a SEAL team. The team involves a former commander who appeared in FTB2 named SANDMAN and 2 new SEALs in the SOCOM series named Toro and Raven. They all start in a training facility so they could prepare for their mission. After they complete the training, they head on to a Post-Soviet country named Koratvia. They were told to find a man named Gozorov. After fighting through mercenaries who work for Gozorov AKA the KRA , they end up not finding him. After finding some intel throughout the mission, they decide to go to Koslovosk, a city inside the Post-Soviet country. The team battles through more mercenaries to find themselfs at a train station. After exiting Koslovosk, they use more found intel and decide to move to Baltiysk Port. Under heavy rain, they fought their way to a PMC base. The PMC is an anti-terrorism group in the Post-Soviet states. The PMC was being pushed back by the Gozorov Mercs and the SEALs decided to help them. After successfully passing the fortified war area between the PMCs and the KRA, they met the commander of the PMC, who Sandman recognized to be LONESTAR, his former teammate. After a mission in Koratvia to search for nuclear weapons, Toro did something that risked the lives of all SEALs. He ran out in the midst of a battle and was kidnapped. The rest of the SEALs were fine. They followed Toro's kidnappers to a snowy mountain with the help of Lonestar's pilots. After searching the village, Toro was found in a ski lodge. The SEALs rescued him and took him outside, just to have a sniper shoot Lonestar and kill him. The SEALs go back to work in Koratvia again to find more intel and look for Gozorov. They encountered huge firefights along the way but found enough intel to exactly show Gozorov's position. They then travel by helicopter up north of Koratvia to his hideout. After infiltrating, the SEALs face off against tons of KRA men and a helicopter. Gozorov is then found and had to surrender. But Gozorov quickly pulled out a pistol and tried to shoot the SEALs, but Wraith kills him with a few shots from his rifle. After more intel found along the way, the squad go to the presidential palace in Koratvia, where the KRA attemped to overthrow the president and kill him. The squad went after the new KRA general-Ryakovsky-and chased him through the palace. After killing Ryakovsky and his men, the president was saved by the SEALs and was taken to a safe place in Koratvia. The terrorism of the KRA ended and the SEALs left the country with help from a PMC Soldier named De Bryun who worked for Lonestar and who they rescued during their firsty visit to the city of Koslovosk. The squad then safely returned to the US for more training and a debriefing.
Custom Missions is a game mode playable on the single-player missions' maps. The player selects a mission from the ones they have unlocked, selects the difficulty level, enemy type that appears, enemy density, whether the player's SEAL team appears or not, and more. The missions generally only use parts of the maps they come from rather than the whole original map.
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 has Adhoc and Infrastracture-based competitive multiplayer mode. However, the Infrastracture mode was shut down in September 2012. Command Equity is not required to buy new weapons and gear; everything is unlocked from the start. Players can create their own custom soldier in the option menu at the main menu of the game. Certain character pieces and outfits must be unlocked using Command Equity.
- SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 includes the original Lock On mechanism to aim since only one analog stick is on a PSP system.
- There are over 70 guns to use in both singleplayer and multiplayer. Co-op and Singleplayer both need the player to buy the weapons but in multiplayer everything is already owned.
- SOCOM FTB3 has 16 player multiplayer. With the great array of weapons, SOCOM quickly became a hit on multiplayer. The infrastracture servers, however, were shut down September 2012.
- Co-op can have 4 players working together on a campaign or a custom mission. The infrastracture network servers, however, were shut down September 2012.
- There are medals that need to be earned in order to unlock weapons. These medals are earned by playing the game and earning a certain number of kills or headshots and so on.
- Competitive multiplayer lets you have a customized character. You must unlock and buy the items to create a player for online play. The infrastracture network servers were shut down in September 2012, however.
- STG 77
- SCFR- LW
- MK. 14 Mod 0
- MK. 18 Mod 0